Everyone needs to communicate effectively to be successful in relationships with others. Workplace communications are vital to job performance of all employees. Poor communication habits or tactics can lead to a poor climate and culture that may result in more errors, loss of clients, or even create safety concerns. This short course is designed to help employees communicate more effectively as team members, supervisors, and managers. Developing a better understanding of communication theory and examining different communication styles helps employees be more effective at building rapport and credibility, enhances their listening skills, and improves their interactions with other employees.
This seminar is appropriate for all levels of the organization and will specifically benefit team leaders, supervisors, and managers by highlighting communication tactics for work groups and teams. Course includes theory and practical application delivered through lecture and experiential learning activities.
- 5 Communication Relationships
- Creating Positive First Impressions
- Examining Positive and Negative Attributes
- Listening and Feedback Skills
- Listening Skills and Active Listening Role Play
- Constructive Feedback Guidelines
- Feedback Mini-Workshop
- Using Positive Language
- “I” and “You” Messages
- Constructive and Destructive Comments
- Aggressiveness vs. Assertiveness
- Communication and Problem Solving